Thank you for your interest in exploring foster care!
Thank you for your interest in exploring foster care. We are excited to begin this journey with you! Foster families provide safe, stable and caring temporary homes for children until they can return home safely or be placed in another permanent option.
We want to be sure Pillar & Vine is the right fit for you. Please contact us or attend an informational session to learn more and begin the licensing process.
To become a foster parent with Pillar & Vine you must:
- Adhere to the Pillar & Vine mission, values, and caregiver expectations
- Be at least 21 years old
- Pass a criminal background and caregiver check
- Possess a sufficient verifiable source of income
- Meet physical home environment requirements and have homeowner’s or renter’s liability insurance
- Have bedroom space for a foster child
- Have a reliable vehicle and vehicle liability insurance
- Participate in professional training provided during the licensing process, as well as ongoing training each year
- Be willing and able to work with and respect the child’s biological family and essential connections
- Be invested in the future of our community’s children
Types of Foster Homes Needed:
Provide temporary child care, usually on a weekend, that gives parents or foster parents additional support. Providers must be at least 21, meet home and sleeping requirements (if a child is to stay overnight), and pass criminal and caregiver background checks.
Homes that are trained and licensed to provide foster care for children with minimal physical, behavioral and emotional issues up to specialized care for children who have been exposed to extensive trauma such as physical or sexual abuse and have a much higher level of need.
Call us at 920-346-KIDS (5437) or attend an informational meeting.